The best festivals in Italy and in Europe - summer 2018
With the good weather the festival season arrives, and what could be better than planning a trip with friends to enjoy one of the many musical events in Europe? Today we present the unmissable festivals of summer 2018 to let you spend a summer to music!
The European festivals that you can not miss this summer
The festivals in Italy
There is no need to go far to listen to great music and watch a great show. Electronic music, jazz, indie, rock ... even if Italy is not at the same level as countries like England for the live music scene, it seems that this summer there is a lot of turmoil ...
Nameless Music Festival
If you like music to dance, this is the date for you. Three days of electronic music (with some rappers incursion) in a small town near Lecco.
- WHERE: Barzio (Lecco)
- WHEN: from 1 to 3 June 2018
- PROGRAM: Steve Angello, Axwell Λ Wholesale, Armin Van Buuren, Don Diablo, Kungs, Vini Vici, Fabri Fibra.
- WEB SITE: NAMELESSMUSICFESTIVAL
AMA Music Festival
The highlight of the Northeast with indie and electronic music leads to Bassano del Grappa very interesting names of the local and international panorama.
- WHERE: Bassano del Grappa
- WHEN: from 7 to 10 June 2018
- PROGRAM: The Vaccines, Notwist, Digitalism, Iosonouncane and many others.
- WEB SITE: AMAMUSICFESTIVAL
The alternative and independent festival veteran in Italy, organized by the homonymous radio station in Padua, offers concerts, DJ sets, debates, cultural and sporting events in the location of the Euganean stadium. Concert prices range from € 7 to € 40.
- WHERE: Padova, Stadio Euganeo
- WHEN: from 8th June to 7th July 2018
- PROGRAM: Alborosie, Social State, Caparezza, Ellen Allien, Derrick May ...
- WEB SITE: SHERWOODFESTIVAL
The sacred rock monsters are the backbone of this event that attracts vintage fans but also younger thanks to some incursion of more contemporary groups.
- WHERE: Florence, Visarno Racecourse
- WHEN: from 14 to 17 June
- PROGRAM: Foo Fighters, Guns N 'Roses, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne.
- WEB SITE: FIRENZEROCKS
The Italian festival of reference for those who want to listen to live the best rock, grunge, punk and pop groups 90s and 2000s.Festival
The summer version of Club to Club, the electronic festival of the autumn of Turin and one of the most beloved by European clubbers, returns for the second year proposing performances by great DJs in different countries of a pugliese valley.
- WHERE: Valle d'Itria, Puglia
- WHEN: from 4 to 8 July 2018
- PROGRAM: Jamie XX, Liberato, Helena Hauff, The Black Madonna.
- WEB SITE: VIVA18
The best jazz, but also incursions into other musical genres, in the most famous Italian jazz festival that has now 45 years of history behind it.
- WHERE: Perugia
- WHEN: from 13 to 22 July 2018
- PROGRAM: Massive Attack, Young Fathers, Benjamin Clementine, David Byrne, Quincy Jones, Pat Metheny Gilberto Gil, Caetano Veloso, Melody Gardot.
- WEB SITE: UMBRIAJAZZ
A nice mix of Italian and international artists of rock, electronic, rap, indie.
- WHERE: Treviso, customs area
- WHEN: from 30 August to 2 September 2018
- PROGRAM: Alt-J, White Lies, Prodigy, Incubus, Prozac +, Floating Points, Mellow Mood.
- WEB SITE: HOMEFESTIVAL
Festivals in Spain
Every year Spain hosts more and more recognized festivals worldwide and able to please all palates, from rock to reggae to alternative and electronic music. As they say in Spanish: ¡que el pace no it seems!
Founded in 2001, it is one of the biggest independent music festivals in 'Europe, with groups ranging from indie to experimental, hip-hop and folk. It takes place at the Forum Park, in a magnificent location facing the sea, and welcomes thousands of fanatics every year!This festival is considered the most important in Europe of its kind and this year celebrates 25th birthday. For 8 days it will host some of the most important artists of the reggae scene, as well as cultural activities to give visibility and voice to themes such as Rastafarianism, peace, tolerance, racism, non-violence, respect for the environment, etc.
- WHERE: Benicassim, Castellón
- WHEN: from 16 to 22 August
- PROGRAM: Skatalites, Ben Harper, Orishas, Julian Marley, Morodo ...
- WEB SITE: ROTOTOMSUNSPLASH
Festivals in France
Even our cousins across the Alps have a great tradition of music festivals!
Rock en Seine
With its attractive program and its convenient location in the Parc of Saint-Cloud, just outside Paris, this eclectic
- WHERE: Saint -Cloud (suburbs of Paris)
- WHEN: from 24 to 26 August 2018
- PROGRAM: Thirty Seconds to Mars, Justice, NLP, Post Malone ...
- WEB SITE: ROCKENSEINE
https://www.primaverasound.com/Volo + 3 nights in Hotel from 24 to 27 August
Les Vieilles Charrues
It is the biggest music festival in France and attracts more 200,000 viewers every year in the Breton city of Carhaix.
- WHERE: Carhaix-Plouguer
- WHEN: 19 to 22 July 2018
- PROGRAM: Depeche Mode, Gorillaz, Jain, Massive Attack, IAM, Véronique Sanson, Orelsan ...
- WEBSITE: VILLESCHAURRES
Festivals in Portugal
Portugal is not only a magnificent destination for those looking for sun and sea, but also a special place to listen to great live music.
NOS Primavera Sound
After Barcelona, here is the Portuguese version of "Primavera Sound", in the splendid and melancholic city of Oporto . The event will take place in Portugal's largest urban park.
- WHERE: Oporto
- WHEN: from 7 to 9 June 2018
- PROGRAM: Lorde, Rocky Asap, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds ...
- WEB SITE: NOSPRIMAVERASOUND
Rock in Rio Lisboa
Another version "made in Portugal", this time of the very famous Rock In Rio festival, in the beautiful capital of Lisbon.Suspended in 1970, it was rehabilitated in 2002.
- WHERE: Isle of Wight
- WHEN: from 21 to 24 June 2018
- PROGRAM: The Killers, Depeche Mode, Liam Gallagher, Kasabian, Van Morrison, The Script ...
- WEBSITE: ISOLADIWIGHT
If you are a fan of r'n'b, hip-hop and pop, you will love this festival in heart of the English capital!
- WHERE: London
- WHEN: from 6 to '8 July 2018
- PROGRAM: DJ Khaled, J. Cole, Stormzy, Post Malone, Migos ...
- WEBSITE: WIRELESSFESTIVAL
Festivals in Germany
From the country that has the most alternative and cutting-edge capital of Europe, we could only expect great festival!
Many genres and heterogeneous and quality proposals that will make music lovers "entice". The event is held in Scheeßel, a small town 350 km from Berlin.
- WHERE: Scheeßel
- WHEN: from 22 to 24 June 2018
- PROGRAM: Artic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, The Prodigy, Billy Talent
- WEBSITE: HURRICANE
Does the name mean anything to you? It is perhaps the most famous American festival in the world, which has decided to come to Berlin for the joy of the Old Continent!
- WHERE: Berlin
- WHEN: 8-9 September 2018
- PROGRAM: Kraftwerk 3D, David Guetta, The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons and Armin Van Buuren
- WEB SITE: LOLLAPALOOZA
Flight + 3 nights in Hotel from 7th to 10th September