Here are our suggestions on the 25 things to do in the Dutch capital. You are ready?
25 things to do in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is not just coffee shops, the Van Gogh museum and the red light district (red light district) ... So, if you plan to visit this beautiful city and its places of interest and you want to go beyond appearances, forget your tourist guide and follow us in this local dive ... we will tell you what to do in Amsterdam to feel like real local !
Included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Dutch capital is a small jewel that shines with the reflections of a thousand channels, vivid colors and cultural trends. Its small streets, where only bicycles often pass, give it an intimate character and give visitors a pleasant feeling of "home".
Be inspired by this video and more original curiosities about the Dutch capital before you immerse yourself in a list created by those who live there and recommend some unmissable experiences .
and then look for our best offers to fly and stay in Amsterdam ...
1) Rent a bike to travel the city on two wheels with your partner, one pedaling and the other behind with your legs on one side, as the Dutch do!
2) Walking through the Bloemenmarkt , a small and pretty flower market floating on a canal, invaded by the scents and the intensity of the colors.
3) Listen to a concert (free) in Vondelpark - a space that was built specifically with steps and stage.
4) Among the places to visit in Amsterdam you can not miss the Cuypmarket - an incredible market where absolutely everything is found!
5) Try the Dutch cheeses - on the market stands, in a bar, a restaurant or during a picnic. All occasions are good!25 things to do in the capital city
7) Visit the Anne Frank house, among the most interesting places in Amsterdam, full of history and emotion.
8) Walk along the Nieuwe Spiegelstraat and give free rein to your artistic curiosity, exploring the small art galleries that can not miss in the top list of things to see in Amsterdam.
9) Visit the Amsterdam library, Openbare Bibliotheek , an environment of great beauty and the largest library in Europe.
10) Brunch to try the famous Dutch sauce , using it to cover the toasted bread abundantly. One suggestion: Lovefood on Koggestraat.
11) Exit the beaten paths of the famous museums and visit an original museum such as the bags, glasses, coffee and tea, the cat office, etc ... Because of museums in Holland there are for every taste and can not miss the list of places of interest in Amsterdam.
12) Take a break in one of Amsterdam's "brown cafes", typical Dutch bistrots where you can have a coffee, a breakfast or a good beer.
13) Among the gardens to visit in Amsterdam there is is the secret one of Begijnhof, hidden behind a large door on the square of Spui.
14) Admire the knights of the Manège Hollandais (Hollandsche Manege).
15) Among the churches to visit in Amsterdam can not keep the Zuiderkerk. Do not expect a mass though.The door is sometimes hidden behind an old garage, sometimes in a hairdresser or in a fast food restaurant, but you can still find the password ...
19) Rent a pedal boat or a small boat and sail on the river Spui. An ideal way to get to know the locals, to explore the city and not to miss absolutely anything of what to see in Amsterdam.
20) Stop in a Dutch bakery and let yourself be tempted by a small dessert: chocolate fondant, muffin or maybe a lemon tart with figs ...
21) Buy something original in one of the many vintage shops in the Pijp district .
22) Leave the city for a while and discover Delft (50 km from Amsterdam) to visit the small houses dating back to 17th century.
23) Tasting a beer for less than € 2 in the windmill Brouwerij 't IJ ", which has kept a small, old brewery.
24) Buy some bulbs of tulips, to be replanted then to your home.
25) Always and in any case ... enter a coffee shop, at the top of the list of what to see in Amsterdam, to discover the special atmosphere of these places!
If you are keen to leave for the city of the canals, check out our low-cost flight + hotel offers now!