30 things to see in Berlin
Berlin is probably one of the most vibrant, dynamic, alternative and surprising cities in the whole of the Old Continent. A capital with infinite potentials and a thousand faces, where you can meet face to face with the history and contradictions of contemporary Europe, meet people from the most unusual backgrounds, go wild in clubs, try tasty street food and know the new trends in music, art, fashion, cinema ... To escape the usual tour, here you are 30 experiences tested by local that you should not miss city.
Berlin: what to see
1. Attending a karaoke show at the Mauerpark, between the ruthless and irreverent audience
Every Sunday afternoon, a "professional" karaoke is set up in the Mauerpark arena, in the district of Prenzlauer Berg. take part; the price to pay? The judgment of the public, partico wildly unleashed! In the park you will also find a gigantic vintage market, food trucks and improvised shows of all kinds.
2. Discover the bars of Holzmarkt, a set of little bars along the river where you can drink something and relax on one of the tables in the green.
Summer in Berlin is magical: the bars that pull out their tables to the open, the long days and the luxuriant vegetation invite to spend time in the open air sipping a beer and chatting with friends. These bars, full of quiet and picturesque corners, are the perfect place to do it!
3. Sunbathing or bathing at the Badeshiff Berlin
This is a container on the river transformed into a swimming pool, very popular with Berliners and foreigners; I recommend, do not leave without having tried the delicious "roll" of vegetables !. If you are looking for a quieter spot, head towards the Plötzensee lake just outside the city.
4. Walk, relax or organize a barbecue at the Tiergarten, the big park in the middle of the city
The parks are without a doubt one of the most interesting attractions of Berlin, and the Tiergarten is the most famous of the city's green lungs . Here you can do pretty much everything and easily spend a few hours or even all day.
5.Climb to the top of the Alexanderplatz TV tower
From here you will have an incredible 360 degree view of the German capital and the legendary "Alex" square, so important for Berliners.
7. Pass under the Brandenburg Gate (the Brandenburg Gate), an important symbol of Berlin and the whole of Germany
The most famous monument in Berlin, this neoclassical door is also the typical reference point where everyone give an appointment.
8. Listen to a concert of classical music in the austere and impressive cathedral of Berlin
In the summer there is the international organ festival (the Cathedral is one of the oldest in the country and has 7000 canne), but seeing a concert in this suggestive location is worth all year.
9. Stroll through the medieval alleys of the Nikolaiviertel, the oldest residential area in Berlin
This is the area of medieval origin within the Mitte district of Berlin (unfortunately almost completely destroyed during the Second World War), today place under monumental protection.
10. Seeing Berlin from another perspective: in the middle of the water, taking a cruise on the river Spree
You can see the Cathedral, the Museum Island, the Reichstag Building and many other points of the city while sipping a drink, listen to music and slide on the river.
11. Going in and out of a local area along the lively, inexpensive and nonconformist Simon-Dach-Strasse, in the Friedrichshain district.
If you want to experience the Friedrichshain punk then go to the Rigaer Str., The historic street of occupied houses; today almost all closed, but there remain 2 that do not give up. In the evening there are several underground clubs, for example the Fischladen.
12. Dancing until sunrise in the Watergate disco or the Berghain
Attention, the selection of the Berghain is legendary and you enter here only as long as you seem a little crazy!Swinging at the Strandbarmitte
You can also try your hand at the tango rhythm in this popular beach bar with an exotic atmosphere.
14. If you are in the mood for madness and transgression, dare the KitKat Club, a club where everything is allowed ...
If you pass the rigid selection at the entrance, you may be asked to remove a piece of clothing (for example the pants), as a proof of good will and to enter the spirit of the club!
15. Visit the grand palace of Sansoucci and relax among the trees of its green gardens
Just 30 minutes from the center of Berlin, it is a beautiful oasis of quiet and beauty protected by UNESCO.
16. Admire the façade of the German Bundestag, the German parliament
Once inside, you will find a roof garden restaurant with a fantastic view of the city (remember to book it before you leave!).
17. Let the atmosphere of Berlin stroll through the Gendarmenmarkt, one of the most representative squares of the city
Majestic and elegant, there are two cathedrals (the German and French Dome) and the concert hall. p>
18. Cross the very famous crossing point between the American and Soviet Checkpoint Charlie
Although a bit 'cliché tourist, you can not visit this legendary border crossing, able to instantly bring back in time. p>
19. Try streetfood made in berlin
That is: currywurst and doner kebab; one of the best kebabs in the city can be found at 32 Mehringdamm.